Dave Beck Train Open House
Dave actually features 5 Railroads located around and inside his large “pole barn”. You will want to park your cars in the grass along the edge of the driveway close to the pole barn.
- Railroad #1 Train running on a small loop of track outside along the north end of the building.
- Railroad #2 Two loops of track running outside over a common bridge outside along the south end of the building. (Inside – two large rooms)
- Railroad #3 G gauge Logging Railroad that runs a “figure 8” pattern or a cross-over pattern. Also, Dave has an 0 gauge operating on this layout as well.
- Railroad #4 A large double track Monon RR operating with lots of action going on. The town features many buildings and is served by a trolly car traveling thru the city limits from end to end. (Inside – annex room out back)
- Railroad #5 New addition of a nicely designed double loop railroad with a 3rd loop crossover. Beautifully done Main Street with multiple buildings adding interest as well.
Dave is planning cold bottled water and small bagged chips for visitors to gather outside his train shed. He has some chairs for seating, but is suggesting folks may want to bring their own folding chairs just in case he doesn’t have enough for all guests.
Also, Dave wanted to remind guests that he has over 25 G Scale Pola buildings “For Sale” setting on a display table. Many of these buildings have been used on his indoor layouts and never exposed to the outdoors. If anyone is looking for a freight station, coaling tower, small village buildings, etc., bring some extra cash and be prepared to negotiate with Dave.
Driving directions to Dave Beck’s Home (North from Indy)
- Drive north out of Indy on US 31.
- Continue north on US 31 past the IN. 32 (Westfield Exit) and the (E. 191 St Exit)
- Turn off at the next exit which is IN. 38.
- Turn right onto IN. 38 and drive east 1 mile.
- Look for Anthony Rd. on your left. (this sign is partially blocked by trees until you are almost upon it, so keep a sharp eye out for it)
- Turn left onto Anthony Rd. and 20821 Anthony Rd. will be the 4th house on your left.
- Drive past Dave’s house toward the large pole barn structure behind.
- You may park in the grass just off the driveway as close to the pole barn as you wish.
You must be logged in to view this content.